Theatrical Production Company
Hertsmere Academy runs its own Youth Musical Theatre Production Company called ‘Inspiringherts Productions’.
Whereby children and young adults from the local area can come and take part in our wonderful musicals, put on in a Theatre with or without being members of Hertsmere Academy.
We offer Open Auditions to anyone from the community wishing to take part to cast the Production fairly and students are taught by
Qualified & Professional Teachers that teach for Hertsmere Academy.
We look for all ranges of ages and abilities, along with performers with big personalities and fantastic enthusiasm. We are not looking for any particular standards.
There are 2 ways in which to take part in the show:
1) Principal and Cast roles. (Age 4+)
This group leads the storyline through the Musical, using Singing, Dancing and Acting.
Rehearsals for this group are on Saturday mornings.
2) Dancers (Dance Troops)
The dance troops link up the dialogue and song with specifically choreographed pieces.
There are no auditions for these groups, if you would like to be a dancer please view our Troop Information.
Rehearsals for this group will be during the week.
Some of the Opportunities & Benefits that the performers will be getting are:
● Working closely with Qualified and Professional Teachers
● having access to audition photos and CV advise
● Can have their audition photos displayed in the Theatre foyer for agents to view
● Maybe spotted by our affiliated talent agency.
● preparation that can be used to enter Trinity Guild Hall Musical Theatre Examinations.
● gain experience and knowledge about working in a theatre and putting on a show
● learning and participating in an audition, excellent for boosting confidence.
● teamwork and awareness of working together in order to make the show successful
● learning about music, how to read sheet music and harmonies
● learning to project ones self in a theatre environment.
● setting personal goals, discovering new talents and learning how to develop them
● Theatrical skills including make-up, costumes, stage work
● increasing the knowledge of Musical Theatre productions
Saturday Cast & Principal Information
Dance Troop Information
Show Questions & Answers
'My six and nine year old daughters loved doing tap and ballet at Hertsmere academy of dance. It is a down to earth dance school where technique, self esteem and teamwork are important values. Discipline and the well being of the pupils is a real focus of Miss Chahna and she is incredibly easy to talk to about any concerns or questions we have had. A real highlight was the annual dance show which was all about fun and positive learning. It was a great experience, put on by a supportive, well run and organised school of dance' - T. Behr